10 Aug Go for Gold with a Rio de Janeiro Vacation
With the summer Olympics in full swing, everybody is talking about Rio de Janeiro. But Rio has always been on of the most popular places to take a vacation even before the world’s leaders decided to host the games there. A large number of travel sites write about Rio, offering suggestions on what to do and where to go, and it is one of the fastest growing tourism locations in South America. Simply put, there’s a lot to talk about!
From the scenic beaches to famous landmarks like the Cristo Redentor and the Theatro Municipal, a lot of great attractions await travelers at Rio de Janeiro. Just because you’re not at the Olympics right now doesn’t mean you can’t join in on the fun during your next getaway! We decided to create a rundown of some the best things to do in Brazil. While Rio is a vibrant, scenic vacation destination, it is important that you brush up on how to stay safe in this area. We’ve helped you a bit here with some quick facts and Rio travel tips!
Places To Go, Things To See on a Rio Vacation
- Sugarloaf Mountain – Climb to the peak or take a cable car up to one of the highest points in Rio, located where the Guanabara Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean.
- Corcovado, Cristo Redentor – Take a hike up to Corcovado and see one of the most iconic statues in the world! Christ the Redeemer is a wonderfully scenic trip even when it’s foggy!
- Theatro Municipal do Rio de Janeiro – Check out the historic opera house in the city center of Rio and catch a ballet or a classical music performance. Located near the National Library and the National Fine Arts Museum.
- Morro da Urca – Walk along the trails snaking through the base of Sugarloaf. Don’t feel like reaching the top? Morro da Urca has great views as well!
- Botanical Garden Jardim Botanico – See some amazing new plant and animal species with a nice stroll through one of Rio’s most beautiful walking trails.
- Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil – Check out high quality art exhibitions, lectures, debates, seminars, music, and more!
- Arpoador – Sunbathe on the beautiful beaches of the Arpoador, the birthplace of surfing in Brazil.
- Prainha Beach – Enjoy peace and relaxation at this secluded half-moon shaped beach.
- Maracana Estadio Jornalista Mario Filho – The world’s largest Soccer stadium!
- Sao Bento Monastery – One of the finest colonial churches in Brazil.
Where To Eat/Drink When You Travel To Rio
- Olympe – French
- Quiteria Restaurante – Brazilian, Latin, European
- Giuseppe Grill – Brazilian, Barbecue, Argentinean
- Zaza Bistro Tropical – Seafood, Mediterranean, Vegetarian
- Pizzaria Domenica – Pizza, Italian
- Boteco Belmonte – Brazilian, Bar, South American
- Resto Ipanema – Brazilian, South American
- Yeasteria Ponto Cervejeiro – Bar, Brew Pub
Where To Stay For Rio Travel
- Hilton Barra Rio de Janeiro – Respectable resort located right on the Av. Embaixador Abelardo Buneo.
- Miramar Hotel by Windsor – Within reach to bars with music, pubs, streets fairs, chaotic streets and many shops.
- Belmond Copacabana Palace – Beachfront resort with a pool, fitness center, bar/lounge, hot tub, and more!
- Arena Leme Hotel – This smoke-free hotel is located within 3 miles to Rio Sul Shopping Mall, Sugar Loaf Mountain, and Federal University of Rio de Janeiro and Pasmado Viewpoint.
- Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro – Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from the large balcony and floor-to-ceiling windows. The Grand Club Lounge has a great view too!
The time is now for a Rio de Janeiro vacation. See what all the fuss is about, and while you’re there, enjoy yourself on one of the nice beaches! Don’t settle for a silver vacation; go for the gold!